Tickets are still available for CAAMFeast Awards: Stories, Food & You, an annual cocktail gathering and culinary awards ceremony benefiting the Center for Asian American Media. Our third annual CAAMFeast is Saturday, March 5, 2016, and we bring you food and drink tastings, a live auction and an awards ceremony. This year, CAAM is pleased to honor Chef Roy Choi, the Asian Chefs Association and The People’s Kitchen Collective.
Saturday, March 4, 2017
5 PM VIP Reception
6-9 PM General Admission
The Green Room, War Memorial & Performing Arts Center
401 Van Ness Ave., San Francisco, CA 94102
CAAMFeast 2017 Auction Items
- Ultimate San Francisco Staycation: Experience in the sights, sounds and tastes of San Francisco with this luxurious, two night staycation. You and a guest will receive deluxe hotel accommodations at the Orchard Garden Hotel where you will enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning. On Friday or Saturday night, immerse yourselves in the 10-course tasting menu at CAAMFeast Honoree Chef Khai Duong’s artful, nouveau Vietnamese restaurant, Khai. Finally, top it off with the soothing sounds of legendary artist Andras Schiff, performing a recital entirely dedicated to Schubert’s genius with the San Francisco Symphony at Davies Symphony Hall on March 13, 2017.
- Sonoma Valley Retreat: Escape to the incomparable Sonoma Valley, home to rolling hills, ample wineries and picturesque ocean views. Enjoy a five-night stay in an immaculate 4 bedroom, 3 bath home that sleeps ten. This retreat features graciously landscaped grounds with a hot tub, pool, gazebo, outdoor dining area, firepit, bocce court and BBQ. Located on a secluded cul-de-sac just 1.5 miles from Sonoma Square, this package is the perfect respite for friends or family.
- Warriors Tickets: Dub Nation fans, this is your chance to see Steph Curry, Kevin Durant and Draymond Green battle their way to the NBA Championship. Score 4 amazing season tickets in lower-level seats to one upcoming home game in the 2017-2018 season!
- Modernist Social Club Membership: San Francisco has seen a resurgence of modern, private social clubs, and Modernist leads the pack as the premiere destination for uniquely curated food and social experiences. Treat yourself and a friend to a 10-course Molecular Cocktail Tasting or Weekend Beef Noodle Soup Late Night Snack. Package includes a pair of six month guest memberships to the exclusive Modernist, along with two gift certificates ($100 credit per certificate) towards exquisitely curated food and beverage.
- Foodies Deluxe Basket: You and 9 lucky friends will receive a personal tour of New York’s Museum of Food and Drink (MOFAD), the world’s first large-scale food museum with exhibits you can eat. MOFAD’s Executive Director, Peter Kim, will lead you on a journey through the birth and evolution of Chinese American cuisine with the exhibit, “Chow: Making the Chinese American Restaurant.” The exhibit traces the 170-year history of Chinese food in America, sparking conversation about food, culture, immigration and what it means to be American. Continue to be inspired all year by stories of CAAMFeast alums with the Masumoto Family’s signed copy of their new cookbook and memoir, Changing Season, as well as a DVD of the CAAM-produced documentary film of the same name. Finally, back home in San Francisco, enjoy the Luckyrice San Francisco Feast VIP-style with tickets courtesy of tastemaker Danielle Chang. You and your guest will also get to hone your culinary skills with copies of her gorgeous Lucky Rice cookbook.
- East Meets West Triple Mashup: This food connoisseur’s mashup offers 3 dinners at the hottest Bay Area restaurants. Enjoy the “best of the west” in the old school glamour of the City Club of San Francisco. The City Club’s Meet the Winemaker dinner features a reception and 3-course dinner with 6-7 thoughtfully paired wines in a dramatic, art deco setting, complete with a view of Diego Rivera’s famed Allegory mural in the former Stock Exchange Tower. Then, turn the tables and enjoy one of San Francisco’s new culinary jewels at Izakaya Rinataro, a Shinto shrine-meets-treehouse named by Bon Appétit Magazine as one of America’s Best New Restaurants. Features dinner for 2 + 2 glasses of house sake. Lastly, head over to Roots and Rye to experience Chef Chris Yeo’s “Chef’s Choice Dinner” for six, a modern take on American classics and whiskey cocktails in Santana Row.
- Dig Truffles? Experience with Winery Truffle Lunch: Taste, learn and experience all things truffle on Saturday, January 13, 2018. Two lucky winners will enjoy an interactive session about the history, lore, cultivation, science, hunting and cuisine of black European truffles, led by Chef Ken Frank of La Toque, Dr. Paul Thomas of the American Truffle Company and Alana McGee CPDT-KA of Truffle Dog Co. The day includes a Winery Truffle Lunch at a premier Napa Valley winery prepared by a master guest chef, paired with the winery’s select wines; and ends at the Robert Sinskey Vineyards Truffle Orchard with a truffle orchard tour and truffle dog training demo with master dog trainers.
- San Francisco Adventure: Rediscover the rich sensory experience that is San Francisco. Unwind at the elegant Fairmont San Francisco, with a panoramic view of the Bay from high atop Nob Hill. This adventure package for two features a two-night stay in a luxuriant “Fairmont King” guest room and breakfast for two daily in the Laurel Court Restaurant. After breakfast, hop on a cable car and head to the nearby Exploratorium at Pier 51, home to hundreds of hands-on, interactive indoor and outdoor exhibits that explore the natural world. End the evening at Starbelly for Californian comfort food and drinks in the lively Castro District.
- Poolside in Palm Springs: Experience Palm Springs as never before. Rejuvenate at this one of a kind desert oasis for five fantastic nights. Located on a quiet street in Palm Springs historic Racquet Club Estates, this three-bedroom, two-bath, mid-century home will send you back in time with its nostalgic character. Designed in 1959 by famed Southern California architect William Krisel and built by the Alexander Construction Company. The huge outdoor area is a private paradise with stunning mountain views. This luxury retreat is conveniently located just minutes from the nightlife, shopping and top-rated restaurants of downtown Palm Springs, and near some of the world’s most famous golf courses.
- Virtual Reality Filmmaker’s Journey: Join CAAM’s expert team of producers and filmmakers for the making of our first Virtual Reality (VR) film set on San Francisco’s famed Angel Island Immigration Station, also known as the “Ellis Island of the West Coast.” Two lucky people have the opportunity to spend the day on location with our film crew and attend a production meeting to learn what it takes to move an idea to virtual reality. Production begins Summer 2017.
- Private Tomb Treasures Tour: This private tour of the Asian Art Museum’s newest exhibit, “Tomb Treasures: New Discoveries from China’s Han Dynasty” will be lead by renowned Asian Art Museum docent Linda Lei for up to 20 people. Glimpse the secret lives of Han-dynasty royals and the pleasures they pursued in this world and the next through fascinating objects unearthed from newly discovered tombs. On view for the first time in the U.S., the exhibit features 160 dazzling artifacts including a majestic jade coffin and a full-body jade suit that are over 2,000 years old.
- Gold Rush Era Chinatown Tour: A personal tour for four courtesy of CAAM Board Member and beloved historian David Lei of the last Chinatowns of the Gold Rush era, located in Oroville and Marysville, CA. Winners will visit two Chinese temples, including the Bok Kai Temple (dedicated to the Chinese God of Water) and other historical sites. Enjoy lunch at the historic Tong Fong Low Restaurant in Oroville, opened in 1912, and meet members of the local Chinese American community. Special arrangements will be made to see the newly restored “Moo Lung,” the oldest Chinese performance dragon in the world. “Moo Lung” was imported to Marysville in 1890 and performed at the World’s Columbian Exposition, held in Chicago in 1893, and in New York City’s 1911 Fourth of July Parade.
- CAAM Experience at Sundance Film Festival: Join CAAM for a once in a lifetime experience at the famed Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah, January 2018. Expertly curated by CAAM’s seasoned staff, we will provide two Official Credentials, access to exclusive industry events and select screenings for two people. Rub elbows with top tier talent and don’t miss your chance to glimpse a celebrity sighting or two at America’s largest independent film festival. Come see for yourself why Robert Redford founded Sundance 32 years ago in this pristine mountain town.