POSITIONS: Development Intern (or volunteer) – Sponsorship & Special Events (multiple positions available)
DURATION: March – June 30, 2020 preferred, with option to extend if desired
TIME COMMITMENT: 15 – 20 hours per week (minimum of 15 hours/week preferred; may be asked to work some weekends and evenings)
COMPENSATION: Unpaid, college credit may be available
The Center for Asian American Media (CAAM) is a national organization dedicated to presenting stories that convey the richness and diversity of Asian American experiences to the broadest audience possible.
CAAM seeks skilled, enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to assist with the planning and production of CAAMFest 2020 (formerly the San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival), which takes place May 14-24, 2020. The internship consists of project-oriented tasks such as event planning, sponsor relations, database management, and clerical work. These are part-time and unpaid positions. Scheduling is flexible. The internship is best suited for someone who wants to gain skills in the arenas of event production, donor management, and non-profit arts administration, with a sincere interest in Asian American and Asian media arts.
The intern will be introduced to Asian American history and the world of public and independent media at one of the most prestigious Asian American media arts organizations in the country. Interns will be exposed to skills and knowledge in the areas of fundraising, donor development and event planning in a professional non-profit setting. As part of the team that produces CAAM’s major events, the interns will also have the opportunity to network with CAAM’s larger family of film and media makers, industry professionals and community organizations.
You may be asked to help with the following:
- Assist the Development team with researching and contracting in-kind Festival Sponsors
- Help maintain donor and operations databases as it relates to CAAMFest Sponsorship
- Assist the Development team with Sponsor benefits fulfillment
- Help with on-site donor management and logistical support for Festival events and fundraisers
- Assist with Sponsor communications, such as writing copy, designing email templates, and creating Festival wrap reports
- Help with general administrative support including database entry, generating reports, filing and inventory
- Participate in a variety of Festival events, from private receptions to public Galas
- Keen interest in fundraising and events planning as it relates to arts non-profits
- Investment in and cultural sensitivity towards Asian American issues
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse staff and stakeholders
- Effective communication, organization and time management skills
- Experience with front-facing and customer service tasks
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Experience with MS Office and Google Docs
- Familiarity with CRM’s like Salesforce or DonorPerfect, Filemaker Pro, and/or Adobe Photoshop/InDesign
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Intern – Sponsorship & Special Events” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling deadline through Friday, March 13, 2020. No phone calls. Check CAAMedia.org for additional information.