Digital & Interactive Media Manager
The Digital & Interactive Media Manager implements CAAM’s marketing and digital media strategies including website design and management, graphic design implementation and management, and CAAM’s social media strategies. This position will also project manage year-round marketing initiatives by leading marketing meetings and collaborating with the marketing team on year-round strategies.
The position is part-time, exempt, and includes excellent benefits.
Responsibilities and duties include but are limited to:
- Oversee and project manage the marketing of CAAM’s year-round initiatives, including but not limited to public media programs, year-round events, and CAAMFest
- Lead and organize marketing meetings with marketing team.
- Collaborate with the marketing team on year-round marketing strategies.
- Manage CAAM’s social media channels including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube using Sprout Social.
- Collaborate and coordinate with CAAM’s Content Manager on web and social media strategies. (Including the development of specific, measurable goals annual.)
- Gather social media metrics and impact using Sprout Social and report out to stakeholders quarterly.
- Work with outside partners to integrate social media and other outreach efforts
- Buy social media ads as-needed.
- Develop and implement digital and interactive programs on a case-by-case basis.
- Manage the process to populate the CAAMFest template. Create CAAMFest website from content population to QA process using Filemaker and WordPress.
- Video editing and creation, particularly for social media.
- Provide regular progress updates and reports to Director of Programs, Executive Director, and other management staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and marketing skills.
- Proven experience in social media content creation and content management.
- Minimum of two years of marketing experience required.
- Graphic design or implementing graphic design projects.
- Thorough knowledge of social media management tools such as Sprout Social or Hootsuite.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Proficiency using Macintosh, MS Office, Filemaker Pro, and CS Package (Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator, In-Design and Acrobat).
- Thorough knowledge of design and design processes.
- Must have working knowledge of printing, digital, and product production processes and ability to interact with vendors.
- Must be able to work efficiently and independently; a self-starter.
- Proven organizational and project management skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and communicate multiple ongoing projects.
Health, dental and vision and life insurance benefits provided. Optional participation in company 401k, FSA and commuter benefits.
Part-time (24 hours per week), exempt. Salary range $20-$22 per hour.
Reports to: Executive Director, Workers Comp classification: 8810
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter via email to jobs [at] caamedia [dot] org with “Digital Media Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls.
It is the policy of CAAM to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Winter/Spring 2019
TIME COMMITMENT: 10 – 15 hours per week, 3-4 months; May be asked to work some weekends in the weeks leading up to and during CAAMFest 2019
The Center for Asian American Media seeks skilled, enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to assist with the planning and production of CAAMFest 2019 (formerly the San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival), which takes place March 9-19, 2019. The internship consists of project-oriented tasks such as event planning, marketing & public relations, database management, outreach, and clerical and archival work. These are part-time and unpaid volunteer positions. Possible school credit where applicable. Scheduling is flexible. The internship is best suited for someone who wants to gain skills in the arenas of film programming, event planning, data management, and nonprofit arts administration, with a sincere interest in Asian American and Asian media arts.
Internship projects include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with Festival screening committees
- Help design marketing materials such as slide shows and event signage
- Assisting in event, membership, and sponsor relations activities
- Focus film research to develop retrospective and specialized programming
- Maintaining Festival archives and databases
- Developing articles and blogs for Festival website
- Outreach to domestic and international film schools.
Detail-oriented and team player
Excellent interpersonal, organizational and research skills
Familiarity with Mac-based programs including Filemaker Pro, Excel and Word
Web/Internet savvy: advance searching, social networking skills
Works well independently in a small office environment as well as in public arenas
Desire to learn about media arts organizing
Knowledge or interest in Asian American independent media preferred
Experience with graphic/design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) or editing programs (Final Cut Pro, Premiere) a plus
ABOUT CAAM: CAAM is a media nonprofit organization dedicated to presenting stories that convey the richness and diversity of Asian American experiences to the broadest audience possible. We do this by funding, producing, distributing and exhibiting works in film, television and digital media. CAAM is an equal opportunity employer.
TO APPLY: Send an inquiry to festival [at] caamedia [dot] org with “Festival Internship” in the subject line.