How to Submit Your Film for Educational Distribution
Since 1986, the Center for Asian American Media has been the premier distributor of Asian American film and video works to educational institutions and community organizations nationwide. The majority of our clients are colleges and universities and K-12 schools across the country. Some of our major buyers are teachers, librarians and student groups in Asian American and Asian studies, ethnic studies, psychology, sociology, history, women’s studies, art and media studies.
We welcome submissions of work that are appropriate for classroom use, screening on campus, other school or library use, and for other public educational screenings. The films in our collection provide insight into the rich and diverse cultures, histories, current events and issues, personal identities and experiences of Asians and Asian Americans.
Include in your submission package:
• Name and contact information
• Synopsis of the work
• DVD or hi-resolution media file of the work
• Director’s biography
• Director’s filmography
• Country of production
• Language (non-English speaking films must have English subtitles)
• Closed-captioning availability
• Study or viewer’s guide, if available (this is optional)
• Self-addressed envelope with appropriate postage if you would like your screener returned.
Please allow 8-12 weeks for review.
Center for Asian American Media
Educational Distribution Department
145 Ninth Street, Suite 350
San Francisco, CA 94103
Please contact us with any questions at distribution [at] caamedia [dot] org or by phone at (415) 863-0814.