Join CAAM and our partners from the film archive community for Home Movie Day 2015 on Saturday, December 12 at the Internet Archive in San Francisco, CA. The event is free, with a suggested donation at the door.
Home Movie Day is a celebration of amateur films and filmmaking, providing an opportunity for individuals and families to see and share their own home movies with an audience of their community, and to see their neighbors’ in turn. It’s a chance to discover why these films are important — and learn how best to care for them.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
3pm – 5:30pm: Film check in.* Western Neighborhoods Project slideshow presentation and a tour of the Internet Archive’s film scanning station.
5:00pm – 7pm: Open screening. See your home movie on the big screen. Plus, experts will share tips on how to care for and transfer your films!
7pm – 8pm: Refreshments.
8pm – 8:45pm: San Francisco Treasures from the Center for Asian American Media and the Internet Archive home movie collections. Presented with live music accompaniment.
- All submissions will get the white glove treatment and be inspected by film archivists to make sure it is safe to project. Films are first come, first screened and may be limited to one reel per person.
- No home movie will be turned away. Bring your family films or home movies you found in a thrift store. We love surprises!
- Home movies include films in 8mm, super 8, and 16mm format.
Submit your films early! We are accepting submissions at the following locations:
- CAAM (145 Ninth Street, Suite 350)
- Internet Archive (300 Funston Ave)
To inquire about early drop-offs in any home movie gauge or format contact:
- Davin Agatep (email@example.com)
- Dimitrios Latsis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To learn more about Home Movie Day, visit www.homemovieday.com
Have questions about Home Movie Day – a celebration of amateur films and filmmaking? Contact Internet Archive, Center for Asian American Media, Home Movie Day (East Bay)
Please RSVP here on Eventbrite and check out the Facebook event page here!