The Center for Asian American Media (CAAM) invites you to join us for a casual conversation with filmmaker Kiyoko McCrae on IG Live, on Wednesday, September 29, 2021, at 1 pm PST.
What does it really look like when mothers are responsible for doing both professional work and the labor of raising kids and overseeing their education during the pandemic–all while confined to the four walls of their own homes? New Orleans filmmaker Kiyoko McCrae has turned her lens on these deeply personal moments in her short documentary We Stay in the House,
which premiered online in August as part of Hindsight
The film follows four mothers of color, including McCrae, as they navigate COVID, job loss and transitions, and remote work and school. She says, “I feel like I really made it for the moms, fellow mothers, and wanting to feel less invisible.”
Join us for a lively discussion on IG Live with filmmaker Kiyoko McCrae and CAAM Talent Development and Special Projects Manager Sapana Sakya. We encourage you to watch the documentary We Stay in the House
before joining the discussion on IG Live. Watch here
To view the discussion on IG Live:
1. Login to your Instagram account
2. Follow @caamedia on Instagram
3. Login to Instagram on Wednesday, September 29, 2021 at 1pm PST
4. Visit @caamedia on Instagram and click on profile picture which will appear at the top of Feed with a colorful ring around it and the word Live.
5. Tap or click their profile picture to view their live broadcast.
6. You can watch live broadcasts on the Instagram app or on Instagram.com
7. On the Instagram app, tap Comment at the bottom of the screen to leave a comment, and Like to like their broadcast.
8. On Instagram.com
, click Add a comment at the bottom right of the screen to leave a comment.
NOTE: You will need to have an Instagram account to view the live stream. Sign up at instagram.com
This is a FREE program.
For questions or more information, please email CAAM’s Digital and Interactive Media Manager, Marky Enriquez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can help sustain CAAM’s legacy and future of bringing Asian American stories to light by making a charitable donation here: http://bit.ly/donatetocaam