November 28, 2018
Yesterday, we raised a total of $6,320 including our board members’ match! Thank you to our board members and everyone who donated to and shared our Giving Tuesday campaign! We could not have done it without you.
Joan Shigekawa, In Honor of Jim Yee
Robert and Yvonne Uyeki, In Honor of Jim Yee, Janice Sakamoto and Julian Low
Our board members have generously agreed to let us extend the match period until December 31st. Any donations received between now and December 31st (up to $11,000) will be matched. You can still help all Americans better understand Asian Americans’ experiences through the power of media. Make a tax-deductible donation by December 31st on our website CAAMedia.org/Donate.Today, Tuesday, November 27th is #GivingTuesday, a global day of giving. In honor of #GivingTuesday, CAAM Board Members Christopher Au, Hanson Li, Naja Lockwood and an anonymous board member have generously offered to match all donations made today, up to $11,000. Your gift will have twice the impact thanks to our Board Members’ match.
Our goal is to raise $11,000 or more by the end of today to uplift more storytellers who represent the evolving American experiment now and into the future.
You can help all Americans better understand Asian Americans’ experiences through the power of media. Donate at our secure website CAAMedia.org/Donate.
For 38 years, CAAM has created opportunities for Americans and people around the globe to understand the diverse stories and experiences of Asian Americans through:
- Careers. CAAM empowers filmmakers to achieve their full potential by providing training, funding, distribution, and access to professional networks. Through these efforts, we are contributing to the growing community of storytellers whose work will help inform and educate current and future generations about the evolving American experience.
- Community. Connecting filmmakers and their stories to people and communities in schools, community centers, theaters and neighborhoods, bridging conversations about inclusiveness and social equity.
- Perspective. CAAM-supported work changes the way audiences see the world, changing hearts and minds, inspiring empathy and meaningful social action.
Here are 3 other ways you can make a difference today:
- Increase your impact by requesting a matching donation from your employer. For more information, please contact Jennifer Chu, Membership Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 863-0814, extension 102.
- Encourage 3 people to join you as a supporter of Asian American storytellers.
- Share why you support our community’s storytellers on social media using the hashtag #StoriestoLight.
For more information, please contact Jennifer Chu, Membership Manager, at email@example.com or (415) 863-0814 extension 102.