CAAMFest36 is almost here! The CAAM staff are hard at work to ensure the next two weeks are unforgettable. A lot of late nights, cups of coffee, laughter, and healthy struggle go into bringing you the largest Asian and Asian American Film Festival in the world!
And it’s all worth it. At CAAM, we believe that culture is integral to building a vibrant and engaged community. This year, we’re proud to partner with the California Department of Public Health to raise awareness and promote healthy communities.
To kick-off the partnership, we’re shining a spotlight on our CAAMFest staff – the creatives minds and cultural tastemakers that make the festival possible, and all the ways we strive to stay healthy and practice self-care over throughout the festival. Over the next few days, we’ll be following-up with staff interviews, as well as hosting a CAAMFest AMA (Ask Me Anything) across our social channels. Ever wonder what it’s like to run a festival? Our favorite movie snacks? Our most embarrassing festival experience? Our favorite moments? Comment with your burning questions, and you may find a answer in our follow-up blogpost. Plus, all entries will be eligible to win two All-Access passes for this year’s CAAMFest! Here’s how to enter:
- Like us on Facebook and Instagram.
- Comment with your question on the giveaway post (Facebook or Instagram) to enter!
- Drawing ends Wednesday, May 9th at 5pm.
In the meantime, chew on some of these e-cigarette facts courtesy of the California Department of Health.
- There are more than 15,500 e-cigarette flavors on the market and counting.
- Kids can get hooked on nicotine at a time when their brains are most susceptible to addiction. Tobacco products with flavors like bubblegum, razzleberry, mango, chocolate, and taro attract kids.
- 4 out of 5 kids who use tobacco started with a flavored product. These tobacco products are toxic and highly addictive. Click here to learn more facts.
The California Department of Public Health is a proud Sponsor of the 36th CAAMFest. Check out their two Sponsored programs, ANATOMY OF A MUSIC VIDEO with RUBY IBARRA and POWER IN UNITY at CAAMFest, and visit our Facebook and Instagram for a chance to win two All-Access Passes!