Description, Contest Entry Period and Sponsor: The Center for Asian American Media’s Off the Menu Contest: Share Your Asian American Recipe Contest (“the Contest”) begins at 12:30 pm Pacific Time (“PT”) on Tuesday November 3, 2015, ending at 11:59 pm PT on Monday, November 30 2015 (“Contest Period”). The sponsor of the Contest is The Center for Asian American Media (“CAAM”), located at 145 Ninth St, Suite 350 San Francisco, California, 94103. The Contest is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By entering, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of CAAM, which are final and binding in all respects.
Eligibility: The Contest is open only to natural persons who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States. You may not enter if you are not eighteen (18) years of age or older (entrants) as of date of entry and a legal resident of and located in one of the 50 United States or D.C. at the time of entry.
Employees, producers and directors of the Center for Asian American Media, their respective affiliated and subsidiary organizations, advertising and promotional agencies are not eligible to enter or win a prize. Limit one Entry per person. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND D.C., AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED.
How to Enter:
1: Send your recipe using the contest form.
2: Post your photo on Instagram with the title of your dish and #offthemenuasianamerica
Entry must be received by November 30, 2015.
Each submission meeting these requirements will be recognized as an entry into the Contest (“Entry”). The Center for Asian American Media will choose the winning Entry on the grounds of photo quality and recipe (50%) and compliance with all entry instructions (50%).
- Judging: At the end of the Contest Period The Center for Asian American Media’s Content and Communications staff will choose the top three (3) best photos and recipes from which CAAM will select two winners (“Winners”) and a third winner by popular vote based on Instagram “likes.” The determination of the top three finalists and the Winners will be at the sole discretion of The Center for Asian American Media and will be based on the following criteria: (a) photo quality and recipe (50%) and (b) compliance with all entry instructions (50%). The determination of The Center for Asian American Media shall be final and binding.
- Submission Requirements: Entries (each a “Submission”) must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If an Entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the Entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the Entrant must have obtained, prior to submitting it, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the photo including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the Entry. The Center for Asian American Media may request proof of these permissions from you at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render Entry null and void. Entries must be free of profanity, references to sex, violence, drugs and/or inappropriate language. Entries must be in good taste and suitable for viewing by persons of all ages. Entries cannot contain any offensive, obscene, inappropriate or sexually suggestive material, propaganda, potentially misleading information, or defamatory or disparaging material about The Center for Asian American Media or its programs or activities, other people or companies, or endorse any form of hate or hate group or terrorist activity, or discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, national origin, disability, handicap, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Entries cannot directly promote or speak negatively about any particular faith, political action, legislation or party, or promote or encourage the violation of any law, as determined by The Center for Asian American Media at its sole discretion. Entries must not contain anything else that is not in keeping with the image of The Center for Asian American Media or that is not in compliance with these Official Rules. Please note that CAAM has the right, but not the obligation, to review and monitor entries.
- License: By entering the Contest, each Entrant grants an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide , gratis, exclusive license to The Center for Asian American Media to reproduce, adapt, distribute, and display the Submission (including any design components) as follows: 1) in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, including, but not limited to The Center for Asian American Media’s websites and the Center for Asian American Media’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages, and 2) in any of the Center for Asian American Media-related promotional materials. The Center for Asian American Media will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use. The Center for Asian American Media may use the name and likeness of all entrants, including the Winners, for advertising, fundraising, promotional or publicity purposes without further compensation.
- Agreements: By submitting an Entry to The Center for Asian American Media, you hereby:
- agree to be bound by these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements;
- agree that the conditions of submission set forth in these Official Rules, and all documents and agreements incorporated in these Official Rules by reference, solely govern the relationship between Entrants and The Center for Asian American Media in connection with this Contest;
- waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to any such Entry submitted by you to The Center for Asian American Media;
- agree to hold The Center for Asian American Media, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any The Center for Asian American Media site, or any other use authorized under these Official Rules, of any Entry submitted to The Center for Asian American Media by you;
- acknowledge that you are at least 18 years of age;
- agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Contest and/or prevent others from utilizing the Contest.
The Entrant acknowledges that by entering the Contest, the Entrant agrees a) that no form of cheating will be tolerated, and b) that the Entrant and the Submission meet all Official Rules. Any person found cheating or otherwise violating the Official Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of The Center for Asian American Media, will be immediately disqualified from the Contest. By participating in the Contest, an Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules, and by all decisions of The Center for Asian American Media as the contest sponsor.
- General Liability Release: The Center for Asian American Media assumes no responsibility for illegible, lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete entries, system errors and failures, faulty transmissions, or other telecommunications malfunctions. The Center for Asian American Media reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Contest if, in The Center for Asian American Media’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity and proper play of the Contest. In such circumstances, the Contest may be cancelled by The Center for Asian American Media. In such event, The Center for Asian American Media may void any Entries that cause such a disruption and award prizes from among all eligible Entries received up to the date of cancellation. The Enter for Asian American Media reserves the right to cancel the Contest for any reason it deems appropriate. The Center for Asian American Media reserves the right to disqualify any Entry for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Anticipated Number of Contestants: The Center for Asian American Media cannot accurately predict the number of Entrants who will participate in the Contest.
- Prizes (3): One $100 gift certificate to Williams-Sonoma. One $100 gift certificate to Umami Mart. One $50 gift certificate to Umami Mart, a Banyan Foods t-shirt, and a MA’O Organic Farms t-shirt.
- Prize Conditions: Any and all taxes and other costs, fees and expenses (including any additional travel-related costs) not specifically stated within these Official Rules as being awarded are the sole responsibility of the prize recipient. Prizes may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at The Center for Asian American Media’s sole discretion. Specifics of the prize are in The Center for Asian American Media’s sole discretion. The prize is subject to availability and The Center for Asian American Media reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize or a portion of the prize is unavailable.
- Prize Notification: The Winners of the Contest will be notified via their method of submission (via email as submitted on the Contest Form) on or before Monday, December 7, 2015. All reasonable efforts will be made to contact the Winner – however, if the winning entrant does not respond to The Center for Asian American Media within 7 days, the prize will be awarded to the second-favorite Entrant. In addition, the Winner may be announced in multiple places including but not limited to on www.caamedia.org, www.caamedia.org/offthemenu, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media sites.
- Publicity Release: Except where otherwise prohibited, entry into the Contest and acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for The Center for Asian American Media and its promotional agents to use the Winners’ names, likeness, and prize information in any and all media for any purpose including for commercial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional notice, compensation or consent.
- Release and Indemnity: By participating in this Contest, Entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless The Center for Asian American Media and its related organizations, their agents and employees from and against all claims, liability for any injury, including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury (including without limitation wrongful death or disability), property damage, or loss or damage of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from delivery, non-delivery, acceptance, participation or use of a prize or from participation in this Contest, or any contest-related activity, whether or not such injury, loss or damage arises in whole or in part from the negligence of The Center for Asian American Media, its affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents and any and all Internet servers and access providers from any and all liability with respect to the prize won and participation in the Contest. The Center for Asian American Media reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, suspend or otherwise cancel the Contest at any time. Income and all other taxes are the responsibility of the prize recipient. The Center for Asian American Media is not responsible for any expenses incurred in connection with participation in the Contest.
The Contest is not administered, sponsored, endorsed by or associated with WordPress, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Governing Law: is intended for participation in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States. Any provision of these rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these rules will remain in effect.
- Winners: The Center for Asian American Media will post the Winners’ names on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and potentially other social media outlets. To obtain the name of the Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to #OfftheMenuAsianAmerica Contest, Digital Media department, Center for Asian American Media, 145 Ninth Street, Suite 350, San Francisco, CA 94103. All such requests must be received by December 31, 2015.