Thank you for registering for CAAM’s next member program, CAAMFest: 2022 and Beyond with Thúy Trần.
Important event reminders and other information will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to the email address you list with your program registration.
Please note that CAAM staff do not have access to the email@example.com account from which you will receive the initial email confirmation for your registration for this program. The firstname.lastname@example.org is primarily used to send donation and registration confirmation emails.
If you need registration assistance, technical assistance, or have any other questions, please contact CAAM’s Development team at email@example.com.
Please note that this exclusive program is a benefit for current CAAM members and supporters. To attend this program, join or renew as a CAAM member here. The registration instructions are included in the membership confirmation email sent from firstname.lastname@example.org, at the top of our membership page, and below.
Current CAAM members:
- Click this link to reserve your free ticket. Select the Buy tickets button.
- Select If you’re a member, please click here to log in and register. You can then log into your membership account using either of these methods: 1. Using the email address associated with your membership account (email CAAM’s team at email@example.com if you don’t know the email address on your account) and password or 2. Using your membership number by selecting Are you a member? Sign in with your number here. and enter your membership number (email CAAM’s team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t remember your number) and your last name.
- If you do not remember your password, click Forgot your password? and enter the email address associated with your account. You will receive a password reset email from email@example.com with “Center for Asian American Media Password Assistance – Reset Request” in the subject line.
- Upon logging into your account, you can then add the program ticket to your cart.
CAAM supporters who have the ticket promo code:
- Click this link to reserve your free ticket.
- Select Know a Promotion Code? and enter the ticket promo code you received in the March 25 invite email from March 25, in the promotion code box.
- Select the number of tickets you want at the General Admission RSVP – $0.00 ticket tier, add it to your cart, and select Proceed To Checkout.
Before completing the check out process, you can share some of your questions about CAAMFest40 and for Thúy. Time permitting, we will do our best to share some of the pre-submitted questions during the audience Q&A.
Upon completing the checkout process, you will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
By April 7, you will receive an email from our team (email@example.com) with the program live stream link and instructions on how to access the program. If you cannot find or do not receive this email, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will also be emailed the program live stream link (from email@example.com) on the afternoon of Thursday, April 14 before the program.
We encourage you to add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your safe email sender list to ensure that you receive the program confirmation email, program updates, and reminders.
Before You Join the Program
- If you’d like to participate in the chat, log into your YouTube account before clicking the program streaming link. The program streaming link will be emailed to registered attendees from firstname.lastname@example.org with “Viewing Link for CAAMFest: 2022 and Beyond with Thúy Trần – April 14 at 6:00 p.m. PT“ in the subject line.
If you cannot find the program streaming link, please email email@example.com.
- Your chat name will reflect your YouTube Channel/YouTube Account name. This is how you will appear to other attendees reading the chat. If you’d like your chat name to reflect your actual name, please follow these steps:
- Find the settings menu by clicking here.
Note: you may need to log in if you have not already done so.
- In the “Your YouTube channel” section, you will see your channel/account name and profile picture.
- Select Edit on Google.
- From here, you can edit your name and profile picture.
Note: you may not have permission to update your name if your account was set up by your employer.
Per Google: Anyone can see this info when they communicate with you or view content you create in Google services.
- Find the settings menu by clicking here.
Joining the Event
- Find the program streaming link from your reminder email. We recommend that you join the program 15 minutes before the start of the program to ensure that the link works and that you have enough time to settle in.
Enjoying the Event
- Click the play button.
- The event will start automatically.
- Since the event is being live streamed, you will not be able to rewind.
- Sit back and enjoy. You can watch it on your personal device, computer, or on your TV.
If you plan to cast the event to your TV, make sure you are on the same WiFi network as your TV for best results.
Q: Can I join this event without registering?
A: No. Registration is required. Register here.
Q: Will my camera and microphone be enabled?
Q: How can I interact with fellow attendees?
A: Use the chat box to interact with fellow attendees. You need to be logged into your YouTube account to participate in the chat. Please adhere to our Code of Conduct.
Q: I want to participate in the chat but I do not have a YouTube account. How can I participate?
A: If you do not have a YouTube account, but would like to join the chat, view how to create a YouTube account by clicking here.
Q: Is a donation required to register?
A: No, though if you have the means, we hope you will consider making a tax-deductible donation of any amount at CAAMedia.org/Donate.
Q: When should I join the program?
A: We highly recommend logging on 15 minutes in advance of the program (at 5:45 p.m. PT) so that you have enough time to make sure your stream is working.
Q: The stream won’t play. What should I do?
A: Please try the following steps:
- Update your browser to the latest version.
- Free up some space on your device. Pictures and videos sometimes cause live streams to run too slowly on iPads and other mobile devices.
- Restart your machine.
- Check your home internet connection. Connecting through an ethernet cable is often faster than wifi.
If you are still having trouble, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Q: What if I need to restart my computer or browser?
A: This won’t be a problem. Just find the link again and you’ll be all set.
Q: What device(s) can I use to watch this program?
A: You should be able to use a variety of browsers on mobile devices, iPads, laptops, desktop computers, as well as cast to your TV to view this program. Whichever device you use to watch this program, we encourage you to make sure that your operating system and browser are up-to-date.
Here is YouTube’s help section on how to watch videos using different devices.
Q: What if I join this program late?
A: You can join this program at any time. Since this is a live event, you will miss a portion of the program if you join late.
Q: Can I pause the program?
A: Yes, you can pause the program, but when you hit play, the program will not pick up where you left off. Since this is a live event, you will miss a portion of the program and jump back in at a later point.
Q: Will this program be recorded and available to watch at a later time?
A: The program will be recorded and the recording will be available on CAAM’s website, YouTube, and other channels, following the event.
Q: I’ve followed all of the steps and am still having issues accessing this program. Who can I contact for help?
A: Please reach out to email@example.com with specific questions.
We encourage you to include as many details and/or screenshots (if possible) with your message to our event support team. This will help ensure that our team understands your question(s) and can recommend effective solutions.
We will be monitoring this inbox leading up to and during the event.
Captions will not be available during the live stream of this event. However, closed captions will be added to the program recording that will be available on CAAM’s website, YouTube, and other channels, after the event.
For additional accessibility questions, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Given these unprecedented times, the CAAM team has been working hard to continue bringing stories to light by finding new and creative ways to connect with our communities. Please remember that we’re all in this together and that we should all remember to be supportive and kind through these tough times.
CAAM does not tolerate discrimination or abusive treatment by attendees, volunteers, staff, vendors, or other guests in any manner, including, but not limited to national origin, ethnicity, gender or gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ability, veteran status, or religion. Cause for removal from CAAM events includes, but is not limited to verbal harassment, intimidation or threats, physical violence, stalking, and/or sexually explicit, suggestive, or provocative behavior. If a CAAM attendee violates this attendee policy, causes any disruption, and/or violates any other CAAM rules or policies, then CAAM reserves the right to remove the attendee, and prohibit reentry at future events.
If attendees have concerns or issues about their safety, the decorum of our featured speaker(s), other attendees or staff, then they should email CAAM’s team at email@example.com.