Bring your story to light! Celebrate Chinatown with CAAM in it’s inaugural Interactive Film Contest. In collaboration with the Autumn Moon Festival, we’re illuminating San Francisco’s Chinatown with your unique stories in this mobile-based shootout. Interested? Check out details below!
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30
Shooting Time: 11AM–1PM
CHECK-IN AND SCREENING LOCATION:
The Great Star Theater
The winner of this contest will win the following prizes:
– Film is an official selection of CAAMFest 2018 (May 2018)!
– Complimentary filmmaker accreditations to CAAMFest 2018 (up to 3). Accreditation includes free film screening tickets, access to festival parties and industry programs.
– Cash Prize of $500
– Media announcement on CAAMedia.org
– Film groups can be up to 5 individuals
– Film groups can represent a community group, student club, etc.
– All Group members must be in attendance for the shooting.
– One individual is required to be at the screening and present the goal of the project to the audience.
– If you film indoors at a private location (restaurant, store, etc), film groups must receive approval from building owners.
– Films must be less than 3 mins.
– Films must be shot the day of the contest. Any films shot beforehand will be disqualified.
– Films must be edited before submitting to the CAAM team at 1pm. We recommending finding editing apps on your phone.
– Chinatown must be part of the story.
– Films must be submitted as a mp4 or .mov file.
Judges include Gordon Chin (Community Leader), James Q. Chan (Filmmaker) and Lin Kung (CAAM Festival Assistant Director).
Our contest judges will view the films at the same time as the audience and fill out a score sheet with the following categories: Originality, Creativity, Storytelling and Usage of Chinatown.