UPDATE: The Winner of the Southwest Airlines I LUV FILM Contest is “xoxo” by Jamie Lai! To view the Top 6 Southwest Airlines I LUV FILM Contest videos, go to the CAAM Video Gallery.
You’ve read the Blogs,
You’ve looked at the Pictures,
You’ve scanned through the Online Program Guide,
You’ve watched the Interviews and Videos,
You’ve commented on the Forum,
Now be a part of the largest Asian American Film Festival in the country!
Win a trip to San Francisco, the 26th SF International Asian American Film Festival and more! Experience the excitement of the largest Festival of its kind with an All-Access Pass – over 120 Asian and Asian American Films, Live Music, Performances, Parties, and Celebrities.
We’re looking for our next Festival Blogger. Do you have what it takes to be a Festival Blogger?!?! Tell us why you’re the one! Submit a 26-second video message online and YOU can win a trip to SF in March 2008.
As the Festival Blogger, the winner will write one blog about their whole experience at the Festival at the conclusion of their trip.
Hurry!!! Deadline is Friday, January 25, 2008 at 8pm PST.
The deadline passed and submissions are no longer accepted. Please check back Friday, February 1, 2008 at 5pm PST to view the Top 6 I LUV FILM Videos and start voting online for your favorite.
WHAT YOU WIN
Grand Prize Winner* receives roundtrip tickets for two from anywhere that Southwest Airlines flies to attend the 26th San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival Opening weekend (March 13-17, 2008), four nights accommodation at the J-pop themed Best Western Hotel Tomo in San Francisco’s Japantown, $500 Shopping Spree from Macy’s, and two All-Access Passes to all SFIAAFF films and events.
*Restrictions apply. See Contest Rules and Regulations for more details.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Create a 26-second video message on “Why you should be the next Festival Blogger?!?!”
Be original, creative, and show your festive spirit!!! Use anything to capture that video; web cam, camera phone, digital camera, etc. Videos need to be 26-seconds or less. One video per contestant.
2. Fill out the Entry Form
You have to be eighteen (18) years of age or older and a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States. To be able to participate, all entrants will be registered as CAAM Fans. CAAM Fan is a free membership to the Center for Asian American Media. For more information and benefits of CAAM Fan, click here.
3. Upload your Video (after you fill out the Entry Form, you will be taken to the Video Upload Form)
Accepted video file formats are: .WMA, .MP3, .MPEG, .DV, .MPG, .MOV, .GCELP, .WAV, .WMV, .QT, .MP4, .AVI, .AMR-NB, .MOD, .3G2, .ASF, .3GP, .FLV, .MOVIECLIP. The maximum video length is 26-seconds. Maximum file size is 100MB.
4. Deadline is Friday, January 25, 2008 at 8pm PST
No entries or videos will be accepted after the deadline. Please make sure to allow enough time to upload your video.
1. Top 6 Most Original, Creative and Festive Videos, selected from all the submissions by the I LUV FILM Judges, will be posted on the CAAM website, www.asianamericanmedia.org, on Friday, February 1, 2008 at 5pm PST.
2. Public Internet Voting of the Top 6 Videos will officially begin on Friday, February 1, 2008 at 5pm PST on the CAAM website to determine the winner of the ‘I Luv Film’ Contest.
3. Voting Officially Ends Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 3pm PST.
4. Winner of the I LUV FILM Contest, chosen by the public internet voting, will be announced at the 26th SFIAAFF Launch Party at 111 Minna (111 Minna St, San Francisco) at approximately 10pm PST on Tuesday, February 12, 2008. The Winner will also be posted on the CAAM website on Wednesday February 13, 2008.
I LUV FILM JUDGES
|Karin Anna Cheung is an actress, singer and artist. She is best known for her role as Stephanie in Justin Lin’s hit BETTER LUCK TOMORROW.|
|Alice Wu is the award-winning director of SAVING FACE, which opened SFIAAFF ’05 and was released by Sony Pictures Classics.|
|Phil Yu is the man behind the popular blog angryasianman.com, a source for Asian American news and perspectives.|
If you have any questions, please contact festival [at] asianamericanmedia [dot] org.